Friday, May 22, 2009

Thanks Grandpa...



So two weeks ago, we started the garden. We planted peas and red potatoes. Then my Dad went into town to get some more supplies and brought these back instead.
These are Chucker Chicks that he found down at the Valley Co op Store. I think they are native to Southern Idaho. The boys were so excited and said he was the "best grandpa ever". They have named them "Batman & Robin".
So this morning, I realized our living room where we are keeping these guys smelled like a chicken coop. I decided I would give their cage the cleaning it definately needed. I pulled off the top of the cage and reached in to put them in another cage when both of them flew out wildly in opposite directions. Now, these are wild birds. We've deliberately monitored human contact so that when they are big enough we can release them down by the Snake River Canyon. The boys have mostly just enjoyed looking at them and filling their water and food bowl. Chuckers have long legs so they run. FASt. And they bite, er, peck. HARD. They're also twice as big now. So, my morning was spent chasing two dadgumed birds around the house, behind the couch, from under the bed, cursing, yelling and growling the whole time. Honestly, it took almost a half hour to get them back into their cage. I'm not sure I'm going to do that again. We'll just stick them out in the garage. Bryan tried to help me but mainly if I wasn't tripping over all our oranized piles around the house I was tripping over him, poor little guy. He just laughed like it was a wonderful game. Twirp.




No comments:

Post a Comment